The following videos are a walking challenge for you to calm, rejuvenate and relax the body and mind. We can all move a lot more than we are presently doing! The purpose here is to start simply and easily by starting out for 5 to 10 minutes per day. In this challenge, we are combining meditations for a more enjoyable walk.
In general, walking has many benefits.
- It increases balance and coordination
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Improves muscle strength
- Aids in clearing the mind
- Can boost creativity
- Sunrise and sunset walking possess certain light frequencies so that when we are exposed to them, the light and dark cues help with our circadian rhythms
- Provides Optic flow. Optic flow is the visual streaming of the environment past our eyes which is very calming to certain brain centers. This occurs when we physically move our bodies through space either by walking, running, or cycling, for example.
- It increases our connection to nature
- It moves us from high focus vision to landscape vision which is calming to our visual system.
The meditations can be used while walking or as regular seated/lying down meditations. It’s your choice! The idea is to get you up and moving. After the seven days, decide is this something that you can continue with? Would it add benefit to your life? Could this be an easy way to incorporate movement on a daily basis?